Wednesday, October 16, 2013

10 Great Dates - Connecting Faith, Love & Marriage


10 Great Dates - Connecting Faith, Love & Marriage written by Larson & Arp was a wonderful book.    If couples want to grow together in their marriage, this would definitely be a book to try.  I was somewhat surprised by the content of the book.  Instead of giving ideas for Great Dates… it gives you topics to discuss.  Initially I was disappointed that I was not going to be shown the perfect ideas for a date with my husband.  I quickly got over it though.  J

Throughout the book there are some wonderful stories that were shared. Here are a few of my favorite date topics that were in the book
·         Building Your Marriage on a Strong Foundation
·         Making Your Marriage a Lighthouse
·         Experiencing God Together
·         Talking Together with God

I really enjoyed all of the date topics, but those were my absolute favorites.  For each of the 10 date topics there is  a section that the couple reads together (before the date of course).  There is also 2 pages that the couple does alone and then there is a 2-3 page discussion guide that the couple goes through together. The couple reads scripture together which is always a blessing for me.   

If you want to grow together as a couple, this would definitely be a book worth purchasing.  It will get you thinking about many different things together and as a couple. 



This book was sent from the Bethany House.  In exchange for this book, I have written this review stating my personal opinion of this book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this review has been helpful to you.