Friday, August 23, 2013

Nearing Home: Life, Faith, and Finishing Well by Billy Graham


Don’t you just love the title of this book?  Nearing Home – Life Faith, and Finishing Well.  I knew instantly that this would be a book that would be dear to my heart…and I was not disappointed.  

The personal experiences that Billy Graham humbly shares were  so touching.   As I have quickly become part of the older generation myself, this book has given me so much hope.   It was wonderful to read that Billy Graham chose to address this issue of aging through his own life experiences and those of family and friends.  He talked about how we should use our golden years to continue to honor God. The wisdom that he shared was of great comfort to me on a very personal level as well. 

We serve such an awesome God, and knowing that the Lord will not forsake us in our final stretch toward home is great news!  This was a very moving thought for me.  Throughout the book, Mr. Graham shares his thoughts and answers to so many question using the Bible as a references.

Mr. Graham talked about investments, retiring at the right time in our life, planning ahead by having a will prepared, working out any issues of forgiveness that you may have with others, etc.  This book caused me to think about my life, legacy and what I would be remembered for.  It is definitely an eye opener.

I would definitely recommend this book.  To the young people… knowing that as your parents age…how they can help them through the senior years and to encourage them during that time of their life.  It will also appeal to the older generation to help them prepare for their senior years.


DISCLOSURE: BOOKSNEEZE® HAS PROVIDED ME WITH A COMPLIMENTARY COPY OF THIS BOOK. ALL OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this review has been helpful to you.