Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Beyond Heaven's Door by Max Lucado



     This book is a 30-day devotional that always begins with a scripture verse. The daily reading is relatively short. However, at the end of each daily devotional, there is a time for you to reflect on your life. The author, Max Lucado helps direct your thoughts with questions that will help you to dig deep within yourself.

    Max Lucado is a wonderful writer and his writing quickly captured my attention. I knew that this was going to be a very thought provoking devotional before I even finished reading the introduction to the book. His words seemed to flow from the pages as I read the introduction. I was totally mesmerized.

     As I progressed daily through this devotional, I was definitely challenged I lingered for days about having a heart more like Jesus.  Wouldn't you love to have a heart more like Jesus?  This was just one of the reflections that I spend hours pondering.  

     This book reminds you that this world is not our final destination.  As a believer in Christ, our next adventure will be face to face with Jesus.  It is a wonderful book that will make you look forward to what is to come. 

     My only criticism of the book was the different Bible translations that were used throughout the book.  However, I would definitely recommend this book to someone that is looking to grow in their walk with the Lord. 


Disclosure:   BookSneeze® has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.
All opinions expressed are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this review has been helpful to you.