Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Amish Blacksmith by Mindy Starns Clark & Susan Meissner


This book is the 2nd Book in The Men of Lancaster County Series.  I hadn’t read the 1st book yet, but I was able to read this book without feeling like I was missing something.  J  The authors are brand new to me and I’m looking forward to reading other books written by both of them. 

This book is written through the perspective of Jake who is an Amish blacksmith who is courting Amanda.  Things begin to change when Priscilla, a young lady from his past is brought back into his life.  

Jake begins to question things that he thought were perfectly clear before she entered his life.   Priscilla is definitely an unpredictable young woman that Jake was not use to.  

Throughout the book it was interesting watching how Jake and Priscilla grow in so many ways.  I enjoyed the interactions between them.  If you like reading about the Amish, horses and a bit of romance, you will probably like this book.  

I must admit that the story moved a bit slow at times, but overall I enjoyed the book.  


Discosure:  I received this ebook from Harvest House Publishers through the NetGalley reviewer program free of charge. In exchange, I agreed to review this book and give my honest opinion in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission Guidelines.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this review has been helpful to you.