Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Touched by Heaven


This book arrived on my porch Friday afternoon.  Which just so happened to be the beginning of my Spring Break!!  Yippee!!!!  I decided what better way to start my break than to read a book a good book.  It took me a couple of days to finish it...but I did just that.

This book is a true story written by Nancy Ravenhill.  At the age of 5, her father began to use a belt to whip her.  Nancy's father used her as an outlet for the rage he felt towards her mother.  Her mother watched and did absolutely nothing.  

Nancy retreated to her bedroom and she knew at that point that there is really no one that she could turn to except for Jesus.  And she did just that... It was there in the quiet of her bedroom that she experienced seeing Jesus for the first time.  
This heartbreaking event unfolds in the the very first chapter called The Storm Breaks.   I was immediately drawn into her story and couldn't put it down for hours.

As the story continues to unfold, she unfortunately continues to be abused by her father. Amazingly, her mother does nothing to intervene.   It was after this abuse that Nancy realized that the way that she responded to this pain would make a huge difference in what was in store for her in the future.  She chose to cry out to the Lord with her heart and soul!! 

I was intrigued by Nancy Ravenhill.  She is so faithful in seeking God throughout her life and waiting for God's timing. 
Throughout the book she tells about the many meaning events and happenings as well as the many encounters she has with Jesus.  It was fascinating to read about.


The entire time I was reading this book I felt a little uncomfortable.  I'm not sure why exactly. That is something I probably need to deal with on my own.  

This book was sent to me from Chosen Book Publishers at no charge. The opinions expressed here are my own.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this review has been helpful to you.