Saturday, March 22, 2014

There's a Mouse Hiding In This Book! by Benjamin Bird





     As a child growing up I loved to watch the cartoon Tom & Jerry.  I knew I had to read this book to see if the characters were everything I remembered them to be.  I was not disappointed.  However, I must admit it was not the typical comic book writing that I was expecting it to be.  It was much better!
     As a teacher, I quickly found myself thinking that this book would be a wonderful book to read to my first graders at the beginning of the year.  There were so many things that could be discussed with my students such as how to treat a book, conversations, learning about the parts of a book, reading for enjoyment, etc. 

     The reader is given instructions throughout the book which take them through which seems to be a magical journey through this book.  It is a very unique picture book and children and adults alike will enjoy reading this interactive books that opens up their imagination. 

      It is an adorable, interactive pictures book that I found myself smiling after each turn of the page. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this review has been helpful to you.