Sunday, January 15, 2017

In the Shadow of Denali (The Heart of Alaska Book #1)


This is the first time I have read a novel by Tracie Peterson and Kimberley Woodhouse and I’ve officially added their names to my list of authors I enjoy reading.  It is a Christian historical fiction which beautifully depicts the Alaskan Frontier as not only a place of great beauty but also shows the grave danger that exist there. 

Alaska has always been on my bucket list of places I really want to visit.  After reading this book, I have moved it to the top of my list!  I love the descriptive writing that draws you into the story and allowed me to visualize so clearly what Alaska was like when it was land that was practically uninhabited with its natural beauty.

There are just a few of the main characters: 

·       Allan is a young man who recently lost his father while climbing Mount McKinley.  The death of his father leaves him full of anger towards the man he believes is ultimately responsible for his death. 

·       John is a mountain guide who lost a man during one of his expeditions while climbing Denali.  When the man’s son comes to do an internship with him, there are of course trust issues that somehow need to be addressed.  

·       Cassidy is a young girl who has been raised by her father.  She always has such a positive attitude.  An attraction quickly develops between Cassidy and Allan.


This is the first book in the series, and I am anxious to read the next book!


Disclosure: I received this e-book  through the NetGalley reviewer program free of charge. In exchange, I agreed to review In the Shadow of Denali and give my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this review has been helpful to you.