Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Between Us Girls by Sally John REVIEW


Once again I was searching for a new author and I definitely found one to add to my list of favorites.  Sally John did an amazing job writing this precious book.  The characters were so easy to relate to and I couldn’t help but like each one of them. This story brings together a group of people that have their own history.  I love how Sally John was able to weave their lives into a story that was truly lovely.

For the most part, the setting is at Casa de Vida which is a group of bungalows that are located together and only a few blocks from the Pacific Ocean.  Liv, the owner, trust God to provide someone if there becomes a vacancy.   The Lord certainly did that when Liv first met Jasmyn Albright on the beach.  She quickly became a resident at the Casa de Vida.  Although Jasmyn was unaware of what was happening, God was at work in her life.  Jasmyn was a mess when she first took temporary residence at the Caa de Vida.  Liv, was there to talk to her whenever Jasmyn needed to talk.  They quickly became friends.

This book focuses on friendships and relationships.   There are many other characters in the book and as the story continues to unfold throughout the book,  the characters share their life with others in the group.  Their personalities are different, but somehow they mesh together quite well. 

I definitely loved reading about the relationship that Liv  and God had.  Her relationship with each of her tenants is guided by her relationship with God.  Truly a wonderful thing to read. 

This is one book that I had a hard time putting down and I read in a few short days.  

I received Between Us Girls for free from NetGalley.  In exchange I agreed to write this honest review.  My opinion was not swayed in any way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this review has been helpful to you.