Saturday, May 31, 2014

Lost & Found ~ Finding Hope in the Detours of Life


     This is a biography about a young woman named Sarah Jakes.  Growing up her life was anything but typical.  Her father was a well-known pastor of a mega church.  The life of a pastor’s daughter definitely created problems that most children don’t usually experience as they grow up.  However, when she became pregnant at the age of 13 her life as a young girl changed forever.  Her parents loved her through it all and because of her parents she was able to continue her education as well as to be a mother.

     Sarah struggles with relationships and her relationship ship with God is also a continuous struggle.  God however, never gives up on her and He is always there for her during her many trials of life. 

     This book gives the reader hope in knowing that no matter where we may be in our walk with the Lord, or the detour that we might be on, God can still find us.

     I had a hard time getting through this book.   By the last 50-75 pages, I found myself skimming through the pages.  It seemed so repetitive to me and I would have preferred that there wasn't so much detail about the same thing that happened in her life over and over.  But...I'm not an author... and maybe there is a reason for that.  :-)

I was provided with this book free of charge.  In exchange, I agreed to provide my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this review has been helpful to you.