Wednesday, May 28, 2014

REVIEW ~ Squiggly Gets Glasses by Dawn Clark



I’m always on the lookout for books to add to my classroom library.  I was anxious to read this one to see if I wanted to add it to my library, I must admit that I was somewhat disappointed.  Perhaps it was the edition I was reading, but the placement of items seemed to be in the wrong places.  Hopefully the printed version will be much better.J

Squiggly has to go to the eye doctor (Dr. Peepers) because he has problems reading the writing on the board at school.  He gets glasses and is totally thrilled to be wearing them.   I was hoping that problems would be addressed with someone getting new glasses, like a child making fun of him.  This would have been a wonderful teaching moment for students. If I were reading it, I would definitely addresses several issues.   


It is a book that I think small children would really enjoy.  The illustrations are colorful and fun to look at.  


I receive this ebook from NetGalley free of charge.   In exchange, I agreed to review this book and give my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this review has been helpful to you.