Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Undetected by Dee Henderson






I found myself struggling through the first couple of chapters and well as many other places throughout this book.  The information that was given about submarines went way beyond my interest.  In my opinion, the book did not need to be almost 500 pages long.  I personally would have enjoyed it more if the story line had omitted a bunch of the technical stuff.  But that is just me.J However, if you are interested in the Navy, submarines, submarine procedures, submarine warfare, sonar discoveries, scientific discoveries, etc. you will probably find this to be a very interesting book.

There are very few characters in Undetected.  They all are quite interesting for different reasons  Gina Gray is a woman that is smarter than any smart person. J  In fact, she will mostly likely always have a security detail following her because of her vast knowledge and discoveries which other countries would definitely want!   When a 2-year relationship falls apart, she decides to go visit Jeff, her brother, and to continue working on a theory she has at the Naval base.   

Jeff wants his sister to get into another relationship so he ask his best friend Mark to ask her out.  Mark is a widow, a captain on a submarine and very thoughtful man.  He declines partly because of their age difference, but eventually he regrets that decision.  Jeff decides to set him up with Daniel.  Daniel is also in the Navy and a very likeable character.  He quickly realizes how special Gina is and pursues the relationship.  Mark begins to realize that he should have pursued a relationship with Gina, despite their age difference because he has feelings for her.  As the relationships develop Gina realizes that one or both of these men will end up getting hurt.

It is a different sort of love story partly because of the personality of each of the characters and partly because of the other stuff that you have to weed through to get to the romance.  You will need to read the book to see how to the story unfolds.
  
Dee Henderson is a totally new author for me.  I must say I love discovering new authors and adding them to my list of favorite authors.  I’m going to have to give her another chance to be added to this list!!!!


I received copy of Undetected from Bethany House.  The opinions expressed about this book are my own and were not influenced in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this review has been helpful to you.