Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Nine Words Max by Dan Bar-el


Oh my goodnessthis book is absolutely hilarious!!!  The pictures throughout the story definitely helps the reader see the characters.  Just look at the book cover above, you can definitely tell there is one of the characters creating problems.  I thoroughly enjoyed the mixture of trivia, sarcasm and the way the story progressed.  I read it to my first graders and although they didn’t “get” everything, they giggle throughout.  

Maximilian is a young prince.  He loves to ask questions.  He then answers the questions with LONG, insightful, and ramblings that go never seem to end.   His three brothers are beyond irritated that their brother talks so much.  The boys take the opportunity to have a spell put on Maximilian when the King and Queen go on a vacation.  The wizard’s spell allows Max to speak only 9 words at a time. 

At first, the boys think it is absolutely wonderful.  They quickly encounter a huge problems when a queen from another country comes to visit and they realize that they need Maximilian’s help to get them out of the situation that has been created.



I received an ebook copy of Nine Words Max from NetGalley. In exchange, I have written this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this review has been helpful to you.