Monday, June 29, 2015

Ready, Set, Kindergarten by Paula Ayer


Ready, Set, Kindergarten was a different sort of book to me.  I have to admit it was difficult for me to even follow along.  Here is an example of how the words are put together in the book.  Whoosh on my jacket. Smoosh on my shoes. Dressing myself. I’m getting ready!  The book continues in this same type of dialogue throughout the entire book.  I had high expectations when I began this book... but... they were quickly smooshed
After reading this book SEVERAL  times I assume they were trying to let the reader know that this young girl has accomplished so many thingsand next up for her is kindergarten the title lets me know that.  lol    
I personally would have preferred a storyline that flowed while reading.  However, if you are okay with fragmented sentences to tell the story, you will probably enjoy this book.   
The illustrations are adorable though!!
Disclosure:  I recieved a Kindle version of this book from Annick Press Ltd. through the NetGalley reviewer program at no charge.  In exchange, I agreed to review Ready, Set, Kindergarten and to give them my honest opinion in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission Guidelines. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this review has been helpful to you.