Friday, June 26, 2015

Starring Shapes by Tania Howell


 

Everywhere we look there are shapes. The shapes (and the children) are excited about the auditions for the Shapeston Elementary School play. Throughout the book, each shape is given the spotlight and the reader learns a little bit about each of them... such as their experience and what they like to do in their spare time!

The author highlights six different shapes: Triangle, Square, Circle, Rectangle, Rhombus and Oval. As each shapes is given the spotlight the author points out where the reader might find the shape in their everyday life.

This book is such a fun way to introduce shapes to young children or to reinforce the names of shapes with older children.

The illustrations are colorful and bright! I can visualize my students creeping closer and closer to be able to see all the illustrations up close!

In my first grade classroom, I will definitely be using this book as a springboard for a shape hunt of objects in our classroom as well as outdoors



Disclosure: I received this e-book from Kids Can Press through the NetGalley reviewer program free of charge. In exchange, I agreed to review Starring Shapes and give my honest opinion in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission Guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this review has been helpful to you.