Friday, June 26, 2015

Walk on the Wild Side by Nicholas Oldland



Three friends (who happen to be a moose, bear, and a beaver) decide it is a good day to climb a mountain! After walking for a while, they discussed what they could do to make their walk more interesting. Racing to the top of the mountain would definitely make it more interesting... so the race began. This adventure leads to a Walk on the Wild Side!

I love the simplicity of the pictures and I think my first grade students will love them too! The illustrations are fun to look at as your eyes move from each of the adorable characters.

This fun book has so many possibilities for using in my classroom. Here are just a few that would be awesome to incorporate while reading to students:

·      Teamwork
·      Competition
·      Friendship
·      Nature
·      Habitats
·      Kindness
·      Cause/Effect



I will definitely be adding this book to my library collection.!!!


Disclosure:  I received this e-book from Kids Can Press through the NetGalley reviewer program free of charge. In exchange, I agreed to review this book and give my honest opinion in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission Guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this review has been helpful to you.