Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Twisted Innocence by Terri Blackstock



     Twisted Innocence is the 3rd book in the Moonlighters series written by Terri Blackstock.   If you are anything like me, you want to start reading any series at the beginning. The first book in this series is Truth Stained Lies and the second book is Distortion.   I was a tiny bit concerned when I started the book because it had been a few months since I read the last book.   However, it only took me a couple of chapters to remember the important details of the previous books.  

     The Cramer children have been the primary focus of each of these books.  The siblings continue to be plagued by a character in the previous books.  

Holly, the youngest sibling is robbed by junkies in her taxi cab. She is an unwed mother of Lily, a one month old baby. She has made some bad choices in the past and taking care of her baby has now became her top priority.  When the police come to her house asking questions about Creed Kershaw, she was all ears.  He was a suspect in a murder they were investigating.  Since Creed was the father of Lily, she knew she needed to act fast to find out if Creed knew about his daughter... and if he did, what his intentions were.

     Her investigation which primarly starts out to protect her baby suddenly takes her in a direction that she never expected.  She and her entire family are now in extreme danger.  I was on the edge of my seat as I read this book.  I completed this book in just few days because I couldn't put it down!  It definitely has its share of suspense! 

     The characters cling to their faith in God throughout each of their circumstances that come into their life.  It was a wonderful reminder to me that there is no way we can ever redeem ourselves no matter what we do.


Discosure:  I received this e-book from Zondervan through the NetGalley reviewer program free of charge. In exchange, I agreed to review this book and give my honest opinion in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission Guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this review has been helpful to you.