Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Hiding Place (Young Reader's Edition) by Corrie Ten Boom



          It has been over 30 years ago that I first read the original book The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom.  Unlike most of the books that I read so many years ago, this is one that will never forget! I had to put it down so many times because the details and the events that happened were more than my young mind was able to taken in.  I was excited to see that there was a newly revised book for younger people.

          Corrie Ten Boom was a watchmaker at her father’s place of business.  Their home was a place that people enjoyed visiting and there was always an abundance of Christ’s love.   During World War II she and her entire family risked their lives to help Jews escape from the Nazis.  It is amazing how Corrie and her family were able to save many of God's chosen people.  They were eventually betrayed by a former employee and her whole family was arrested. 

          They were all taken to Hitler’s concentration camps.  While there they experienced things that are hard to even begin to imagine!  Corrie’s shares some of the evil as well as the miracles that could only be from God that she experienced while in the camp. 

           This is a truly remarkable book that shows an unwavering faith in God by Corrie Ten Boom.  A definite must read!



Discosure:  I received this e-book from Chosen Books through the NetGalley reviewer program free of charge. In exchange, I agreed to review this book and give my honest opinion in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission Guidelines.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this review has been helpful to you.